For Students

Accessibility Services

If you are in need of disability accommodations, contact the Solution Center directly to receive instructions and assistance: 608-355-5230. Please visit the Accessibility Services page on the UW Colleges administrative website for more information.

Emergency Grant

The UW Colleges Emergency Grant is available to students with an unexpected financial crisis that would cause a student to not complete the term. Expenses such as unexpected medical expenses, car repair, travel expenses for a family emergency and replacement of items due to theft/fire damage. Funds cannot be used for tuition, textbooks, student fees, alcohol or tobacco, groceries, entertainment, legal services,  fines or forfeitures resulting from legal violations or ongoing monthly expenses such as; rent, credit card bills, or utilities.No more than two grants per academic year per student, not to exceed $500 total is available.  Please contact your the Solution Center for more information.  

Health & Wellness

To support student health and wellness, UW-BSC provides a range of services including Alcohol and Drug Education and the Campus Counseling Center. Students who aren't already covered by a family member's policy are encouraged to sign up for health insurance.

Student Handbook & Policies

As a UW-BSC student, you have certain rights and responsibilities respecting your relationship with your fellow students and the University. The rules, regulations and policies you will find in this booklet are intended to foster an environment of mutual respect for you and your fellow students and to enhance the educational environment of your campus. Here you will find information about federal and state laws, UW System, and UW Colleges regulations, policies and procedures that pertain to you and your life on campus.

Student Handbook
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)

Please see the Policies section in the UW Colleges Catalog for information about academic policies.

Student Affairs Office

The Office of Student Affairs provides comprehensive assistance to prospective and current students in the areas of admission, financial aid, advising, orientation, placement testing, disability services, tutoring services and student activities.

Advisors are available to help students learn about, degree options, majors, academic requirements, and the process of transferring. Help is also available in assessing career goals, planning a return to school, adjusting to academic life, or other areas of concern relevant to beginning or returning to college.

Buying Textbooks

Students can purchase textbooks, course materials, school supplies and more online at the UW-Baraboo/Sauk County bookstore. Visit the store's website to get started!

Voting Guide

Voting is both a right and a responsibility for an engaged citizen. UW-Baraboo/Sauk County encourages everyone to exercise the right to vote.

A photo ID will be required at the polls for upcoming elections. Most UW-Baraboo/Sauk County students will still be able to use a Wisconsin driver’s license or State of Wisconsin ID, which already meets voter ID requirements.

Free Voter ID cards can be obtained by UW-Baraboo/Sauk County students at the Student Affairs/Solution Center office.

For complete information on voting as a student please check out the University of Wisconsin System Voting Guide.