Scholarships are monetary gifts from community, private, and campus sources and are usually based on academic merit or some other criteria. Some scholarships also require verification of financial need. Therefore, all scholarship applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Campus foundations, local businesses, and other sources provide scholarships for students at the University. No repayment of scholarships is required
Applying for Scholarships
- Step 1: Become admitted as a student at UWP-BSC.
- Step 2: Complete scholarship application form.
- Step 3: Compile your scholarship application materials, including your completed application form, reference form/letters of recommendation, and required essays. In addition:
- If you are a new student who is just graduating from high school, provide your official high school transcripts (including first semester of senior year) and ACT or SAT score (either on transcript or from ACT or SAT) .
- Step 4: The deadline for completed applications is:
- March 1 for Continuing Students
- April 1 for New Students
Please submit application materials to:
UW Platteville-Baraboo/Sauk County
1006 Connie Road
Baraboo, WI 53913
Applications are reviewed by the Campus Scholarship Committee. Scholarship awards are made on an equitable basis. (Besides specific scholarship and grant eligibility requirements, selection criteria include: academic potential, motivation, demonstrated ability, communication and self-expression skills.) Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they meet eligibility requirements.
After all applications have been reviewed, applicants will be notified in writing regarding awards. To receive appropriated monies, scholarship recipients must enroll in classes for college credit at UW-BSC. If a recipient is not yet registered for classes on the first day of the semester for which the award is designated, the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to rescind the scholarship. Most campus scholarships are funded by the annual interest earned on invested endowments. Amounts, therefore, may vary depending on current interest rates.