Veterans & Armed Services

UW-Baraboo/Sauk County is fully approved for the certification of educational benefits for veterans and veterans' dependents under both federal and state veterans administration programs.

Contact our Campus Coordinators for Veterans Services, Samantha Kimball at 608-355-5253 or Tamara Lavender at 608-355-5273, if you wish to use federal and/or state veterans educational benefits at UW-Baraboo/Sauk County.

Helpful Websites

Contact your County Veterans Service Office nearest your residence for information on and assistance in starting State and Federal VA benefits. The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs provides a County Veterans Service Office (CVSO) listwith information regarding your nearest office.

Federal Benefits

The United States Department of Veteran Affairs provides information regarding Veteran Affairs Federal benefits, including Montgomery G.I. Bill Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, and 1606.

DANTES Programs include Troops To Teachers, the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC).

State Benefits

Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs – for information regarding state-provided benefits.

Veterans Wisconsin Education Portal – information on higher education benefits for Veterans in Wisconsin

UW System Frequently Asked Questions about the WI G.I. Bill Benefits

NOTICE: The Wisconsin GI Bill does not cover all educational costs. Check with your Campus Coordinator for Veteran Services to determine which tuition/fees are not covered.

Contact your respective service representative for all Wisconsin Air/Army National Guard benefits.

Veterans & Armed Services Transcripts

For transcript transfer, visit Joint Services Transcript