The University of Wisconsin-Baraboo/Sauk County (UW-BSC) has many jobs available to students. By allowing students to work around their classes, these positions provide income to assist with educational expenses while offering valuable experience in preparation for their future careers. Students must read the Student Employment Handbook in its entirety, two full pages, before applying for student workstudy employment or regular student employment.
UW-BSC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and Title IX public institution.
My UW System Portal
Use the My UW System portal for entering hours in your timesheet and obtaining your earnings statement.
Student Employment Handbook
The Student Employment Handbook provides step-by-step instructions on how to apply for student employment and includes information on eligibility requirements. Required reading.
View the Hiring Procedures Chart for step-by-step instructions on the student employment hiring process.
Student Job Listings
Visit the Job Listings page for position openings and supervisor contact information.
Employment Application Form
Submit completed Student Application to department contact and set up an interview.
The Timesheet Guide provides instruction on how to enter hours using the online timesheet.
New Hire Paperwork
All paperwork must be completed as specified BEFORE the first day of work. Forms and instructions are below. Return paperwork to the UW-BSC Human Resources Office in A107.
- Background Check Consent Forms: Must be completed by all new student employees and students who have had a 12-month break in employment. Also may be required for a student who is hired by a new department. Student may not work until results are received, which generally takes about a week.
- I9 - Employment Eligibility Verification: Pages 7-8 must be submitted, along with ID and eligibility documents listed on page 9, to the Human Resources Office in person.
- W4 Withholding and Self ID Form: Must be completed by all new employees. A new form may be submitted whenever there is a change in withholding.
- Direct Deposit Authorization: Payment for student employees is by direct deposit only.
- Student Enrollment Verification: Must be completed every year by all student employees, regardless of how long they have worked.
- Student Contract and Confidentiality Agreement: Student must complete top section and submit every year. If working more than one position, student must complete a form for each position. A copy of the final contract will be emailed to the supervisor and student.
- Supervisor Authorization Form: Student may not work until this form is submitted by the supervisor to the Human Resources Office.
- Supervisor Instructions for HRS: Knowledge Base links on how to approve time and timesheet entry.
Campus Human Resources Office
Umhoefer Building - A107
Mon-Thu: 7 am-4:30 pm