UW-Baraboo/Sauk County offers a variety of pre-college opportunities, from one-day "Taste of College" events, to ongoing programming for area organizations, such as the Boys and Girls Club. Pre-college efforts are designed to:
- Raise awareness of post-secondary education opportunities
- Reach underserved populations
- Increase college readiness
- Expand programming to address local needs
- Establish community partnerships to serve identified needs
Taste of College
UW-BSC Taste of College events can be tailored for middle school or high school students, or other interested groups. Options include:
- A campus tour
- Classroom experiences, including university lectures in specific disciplines
- Hands-on learning activities in biology, chemistry, physics, and other areas
- Student Affairs information sessions on preparing and applying for college, financial aid, and more
Director of Academic Success Programs
A variey of other pre-college programs are offered through UW-BSC academic departments and the Continuing Education (CE) office. Among them:
Calc Fest is an annual calculus competition for area high school students. The day includes an individual competition and a team "Calc Jeopardy" competition, with prizes awarded to the top finishers in each category. A resource session is also provided for high school calculus instructors. Calc Fest 2014 will take place Weds, April 9.
Middle School University (MSU)
Every August, MSU provides academically talented middle school age students with a chance to be challenged by our UW-BSC professors. This fun week of classes features such topics as archeology, math, chemistry, history, literature and theatre.
ACT Prep Classes
ACT prep classes for high school juniors and seniors are offered on a full Saturday each November and March.
Director of Continuing Education