The UW-Baraboo/Sauk County Academic Success Center (ASC) provides advising services, as well as tutoring in math, writing, chemistry, and a number of other disciplines. These services are provided to UW-BSC students free of charge.
- Math: Tutoring is available five days a week on a drop-in basis. The ASC also provides a variety of other resources, including solution manuals, sample tests, supplemental texts.
- Writing: Tutoring is available five days a week by appointment. Drop-ins are welcome, but appointments are encouraged. There are various writing resources kept in the ASC: handouts on style, word choice, transition, comma usage, thesis development. There are also documentation resources and a number of writer's handbooks.
- Other: Tutoring is also available in accounting, chemistry, philosophy, psychology, and Spanish.
Location & Hours
The ASC is located in Room A51, on the lower level of the Classroom/Administration Building. The space is open to students during the following hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
An ASC staff member is typically available weekdays from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Contact the Solution Center Office at 608-355-5230 with inquiries.