||Mission & Vision
The University of Wisconsin-Baraboo/Sauk County (UW-BSC) is a liberal arts campus of the University of Wisconsin Colleges and the University of Wisconsin System. UW-BSC provides access to high quality UW educational programs; prepares students for success at the baccalaureate level of education; provides access to lifelong learning opportunities and university scholarship; and advances the Wisconsin Idea by bringing the resources of the University of Wisconsin to the residents of our service area.
- To plan and to deliver the freshman-sophomore years of baccalaureate programs and professional studies.
- To place major emphasis on teaching excellence.
- To support the development, testing and use of effective teaching methods.
- To expect scholarly activity, including research, scholarship and creative endeavor, that supports its programs at the associate degree level.
- To serve the citizens by promoting the integration of the extension function and encouraging faculty and staff to participate in outreach activity through, for example, providing continuing education programs, and facilitating the delivery of programs offered by other University of Wisconsin System institutions.
- To participate in inter-institutional relationships including but not limited to private colleges, public schools, other University of Wisconsin institutions, and the Wisconsin Technical College System in order to maximize educational opportunity and resources for the citizens of the University of Wisconsin Colleges' service areas.
- To serve the special needs of minority, disadvantaged, disabled and returning adult students, especially those in immediate service areas.
- To provide opportunities for cultural enrichment in the surrounding community.
- To make available, as a service to business, industry, and the general public, the unique professional expertise of the faculty and staff.